The benefits of Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD), or lymphatic drainage massage, go far beyond helping patients heal from surgery. Because of how this approach interacts with the lymphatic system, it is intricately linked to your body’s overall health.
An essential component of your body’s defense system is the lymphatic system. It is made up of a network of veins and nodes that are always in action to keep your body healthy. This system moves fluid called lymph, which transports toxins, fatty acids, proteins, hormones, and immune cells. The lymph nodes subsequently process these chemicals.
The lymphatic system’s effectiveness may be reduced when your body is under stress from surgery, an infection, or disease. An accumulation of lymph fluid from this may result in inflammation and other health problems. By promoting lymph flow, MLD efficiently solves this issue by speeding up the body’s elimination of toxins and other waste materials.
However, MLD has advantages beyond its physiological effects. It is also very valuable aesthetically. Frequent lymphatic drainage massages help to maintain a youthful, glowing complexion by enhancing the appearance and quality of your skin. Additionally, it might lessen the puffiness that many individuals have in the mornings on their faces.
Choosing the right compression garment to enhance the results of lymphatic drainage massage
The correlation between lymphatic drainage massage and cosmetic surgery care services usa is crucial, particularly in light of the inevitable edema that follows surgery. This kind of swelling is a normal reaction that our bodies have to the physical disturbance that surgery has made. Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) and liposuction are two treatments that can interfere with the lymphatic system’s natural drainage channels. Massage with lymphatic drainage can be quite helpful in these situations.
The right choice and application of compression garments following surgery are crucial to controlling this post-operative swelling. It is understandable why surgeons advise wearing these garments following cosmetic surgery care . By assisting in the lymphatic drainage process and preventing the buildup of lymph fluids in particular regions, these garments lessen swelling and hasten the healing process.
Additionally, since they assist prepare your body for the massage, wearing these clothes is a great way to get ready for a lymphatic drainage massage. When selecting and donning these garments, it is imperative that you follow your surgeon’s instructions. In order to make sure you select a garment that will promote your healing and positively impact your entire post-operative care, they can offer recommendations based on their experience and your particular surgical procedure.
Preparing for the Lymphatic Drainage Massage
A few procedures are necessary to ensure optimal outcomes and effective detoxification when getting ready for a lymphatic drainage massage. The following actions should be taken before the procedure:
- Keep yourself hydrated by making an effort to consume 8–10 glasses of water each day. Maintaining hydration levels can improve how well the massage aids in the detoxification process.
- You shouldn’t have a substantial meal right before the massage. In addition to assisting in the effective removal of pollutants, this can aid to prevent any potential discomfort.
- Choose clothing that fits loosely and is lightweight while dressing appropriately. This will make sure the patient is comfortable during the process and make it simpler for the therapist to reach the massage-required areas.
- Adjusting the dosage of certain drugs may be necessary, contingent upon the advice given by your surgeon. With oral medications, this is especially important.
- Tell your surgeon right away if you have any strange symptoms or signs before your massage. Once that is determined, they can decide if continuing with the lymphatic massage is safe and beneficial for you.
For more information about cosmetic surgery, including the process and recovery, contact us at (504) 202-8183 or use the form below to arrange a consultation with Dr. Tiffyin C. Taylor.